From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Re: CORBA Ada bindings
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:52:33 GMT
Date: 2007-01-06T23:52:33+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:32:24 +0000, Jerome Hugues wrote:

> In article <4597c76d$0$49199$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, Martin Krischik wrote:
>> okellogg schrieb:
>>
>>> Version 1.2 of the GNU Ada CORBA Kit (GNACK) has been released.
>>> Main feature of this version is the switch from ORBit-1 to to ORBit-2.
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/orbitada
>>
>> Cool - I really got tired from compiling PolyORB - which usually ended
>> with an error message after an hour or so. So I have a look.
>
> It is sad we received no report on your issues. PolyORB compiles fine
> every night with GCC 4.0.3, 4.1.1, GNAT GAP/GPL on my platforms ..

Hmmm.  I tried using PolyORB too, when I was having Annex E problems
with Glade.  I couldn't understand how to recode my application to
use CORBA with PolyORB.  Is there a *really* simple HOWTO for people
starting out with this technology?  It looked like a lot of work!
I had hoped that PolyORB would compile and run my Annex E application,
but the dsa personality appeared not to be included in a form which
would build with GNAT GPL 2006.

As I wrote here a few months ago, I did get my application running
under Glade with GNAT GPL 2006, but only by making significant
architectural compromises and work-arounds to avoid Glade problems.
Should I consider be considering moving to PolyORB/dsa?
--
Adrian