* #Ada IRC channel on Freenode
@ 2006-11-18  2:16 Genro Kane Gupta
From: Genro Kane Gupta @ 2006-11-18  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is the semi-annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel on
the Freenode IRC network.  Now almost five years old, the channel is open
to all discussions related to the Ada language and its use.  We welcome
beginners and pros alike, and do our best to maintain a friendly,
productive, and informative atmosphere.

Point your IRC client to irc.freenode.net and join the #Ada channel. Come
one, come all!

--
Caracal

* #Ada IRC channel on Freenode
@ 2007-03-04 10:13 Genro Kane Gupta
From: Genro Kane Gupta @ 2007-03-04 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is the semi-annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel on
the Freenode IRC network.  Now over five years old, the channel is open to
all discussions related to the Ada language and its use.  We welcome
beginners and pros alike, and do our best to maintain a friendly,
productive, and informative atmosphere.  The channel has been growing
steadily; we now average about 30 members and have active conversations
daily.

Point your IRC client to irc.freenode.net and join the #Ada channel.  Come
one, come all!

--
Caracal

* Re: #Ada IRC channel on Freenode
@ 2007-03-04 14:40 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-03-04 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Genro Kane Gupta writes:
> This is the semi-annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel on
> the Freenode IRC network.

Are the discussions archived and searchable?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: #Ada IRC channel on Freenode
@ 2007-03-04 20:03   ` Genro Kane Gupta
From: Genro Kane Gupta @ 2007-03-04 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:40:06 +0100, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Genro Kane Gupta writes:
>> This is the semi-annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel
>> on the Freenode IRC network.
>
> Are the discussions archived and searchable?

There's been some talk about doing that.  Right now, the channel infobot
(written in Ada, of course) logs the channel traffic, originally as a
debugging feature.  I guess since this question has been asked more than
once, by more than one person, there's enough of a demand that I should
set up a mechanism to format those logs in a useful way and put them on
the web.

So I guess the answer to your question is, not yet, but soon!  Thanks for
asking, Ludovic.  As a huge fan of your work maintaining the GNAT and Ada
packages for Debian, I really appreciate your interest.

Once the archives (what I have myself, and what I can scrounge from
others) are up, I'll announce their availability here.

--

@ 2007-03-04 21:01     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-03-04 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Genro Kane Gupta <genro@niestu.com> writes:
> So I guess the answer to your question is, not yet, but soon!  Thanks for
> asking, Ludovic.  As a huge fan of your work maintaining the GNAT and Ada
> packages for Debian, I really appreciate your interest.

Thanks!

> Once the archives (what I have myself, and what I can scrounge from
> others) are up, I'll announce their availability here.

Thanks again.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* #Ada IRC channel on Freenode
@ 2009-02-07  5:45 Caracal
From: Caracal @ 2009-02-07  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caracal

This is the annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel on the
Freenode IRC network. Now over seven years old, the channel is open to
all discussions related to the Ada language and its use. We welcome
beginners and pros alike, and do our best to maintain a friendly,
productive, and informative atmosphere. The channel has been growing
steadily; we now average about 40 members and have active conversations
daily.

@ 2009-02-07 17:09 ` Thomas Locke
From: Thomas Locke @ 2009-02-07 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Caracal wrote:
> This is the annual reminder of the existence of the #Ada channel on the
> Freenode IRC network. Now over seven years old, the channel is open to
> all discussions related to the Ada language and its use. We welcome
> beginners and pros alike, and do our best to maintain a friendly,
> productive, and informative atmosphere. The channel has been growing
> steadily; we now average about 40 members and have active conversations
> daily.
>
> Point your IRC client to irc.freenode.net and join the #Ada channel. Come
> one, come all!

Yes!

As a beginner I can testify to the friendly and informative atmosphere.
#ada is by far one of the best IRC channels, IMHO.

/Thomas