From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN]- AonixADT for Eclipse now available for Intel/Linux and Sparc/Solaris for GNAT
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:49:15 -0600
Date: 2006-10-30T19:49:15-06:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:20:47 +0100, Tom Grosman wrote:

> Aonix is pleased to announce AonixADT v311, the first publicly available
> release of our Eclipse Ada Development plugin for Intel Linux and Sparc
> Solaris. In addition to introducing support for Linux and Solaris, version
> 3111 updates AonixADT for Windows by adding support for lowlevel debugging
> operations and other enhancements..
>
> AonixADT supports GNAT and ObjectAda toolchains and includes support for

Aonix still doesn't get it.

I've been looking to migrate to an Eclipse-based Ada development
environment and so was quite keen on this announcement.  So I register, go
to the download page, and see the following:

"Projects created using the GNAT toolchains are restricted to a maximum of
35 units and 2000 lines per source file. If this limitation is too
restrictive for your needs, contact Aonix to acquire the GNAT Professional
Add-On for AonixADT.  The GNAT Add-On includes full support for AonixADT."
(from http://www.aonix.com/adt_downloads.html)

My utility directory alone has more than 35 units, so this is simply a
non-starter.  GNAT Pro isn't an option for me at the present time, so
neither is the "GNAT Professional Add-On for AonixADT".

I don't want a "demo" version of an Eclipse-based Ada development
environment, nor am I looking to evaluate a crippled implementation.  If
Aonix wants to gain some ground in the community of Self-Motivated Ada
Developers, the products they make available to it must be fully
usable in our development environments.

As it's now configured, AonixADT isn't worth my effort.

Whether or not you agree with AdaCore's full-GPL licensing of their Free
GNAT distribution, at least what they provide to the Ada community is
all fully enabled.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com