From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Re: Reliability and deadlock in Annex E/distributed code
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:00:12 GMT
Date: 2006-09-13T11:00:12+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:24:56 -0500, tmoran wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the configuration control for the partitions,
> so I have some questions:
>   Why is there a "delay 1000.0;" in Amain in partition A?
>   I see explicit starts for A and B - are they automatically
> allowed to terminate when C ends?
>   When C is explicitly started a second time what causes A and B
> to still be present?

The program terminates when all the partitions are ready to
terminate.  All the partitions with RCI and Remote Types units
have to run.  Partitions with normal units only can be run
any number of times (including not at all) - if started, they
have to complete before the program can terminate.

The Local_Termination policy on CPart allows the partition to
exit when it has nothing left to do.  Otherwise, it exits when
APart and BPart exit.

Without the delay 1000.0, the program terminates as soon as
APart and BPart have been started and completed.  This would
not give time for the user to start a CPart.  With the delay,
APart and BPart stay running for 1000 seconds, allowing
the user to run several CPart (perhaps concurrently).
When the time elapses and the CParts have completed, the
program terminates.

In the full program I have, there are several different
client partitions like CPart, but with different functionality.
I have several instantiations of the server like BPart
(which has normal units in my case).  APart provides
naming services allowing the BParts to be located.
It has been running with 3.15p for a year or two with
a separate watchdog to restart the server if it hangs.
Under GNAT GPL 2006, it works provided I avoid calling
different partitions in a chain.

Did you get the example running?
I use three separate windows - one for each partition, so
you can see any messages and watch for termination.
--
Adrian