From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Interfacing Ada code to Java - resources and hints
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:29:37 GMT
Date: 2005-03-20T01:29:37+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi Guys!

I'm looking at doing a project linking a network-based Java client
library to Ada (using GNAT on ia32 Linux).

So far I haven't found much online info about how to do this :(

An interesting but old article talks of ADEPT to interface
via Annex E:
http://stsc.hill.af.mil/crossTalk/1997/12/adept.asp

And a newsgroup posting  by Tucker Taft from ten years ago:
http://archive.dstc.edu.au/AU/staff/crawley/ada/ada-java.txt

What I want to do seems fairly basic, but I'm not sure
where to start!  What libraries would I need to link to?
How do I initialize the Java runtime?  Is Annex E the way to go?

Does anyone know of basic tutorials and/or working
code I can plunder to learn how to do this?

Thanks!
--
Adrian