* ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
@ 2005-03-03 10:41 Jiri Navratil
From: Jiri Navratil @ 2005-03-03 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The application
will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results as
html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.

I will welcome recommendations about reading and packages.

Thank you,
Jiri

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
@ 2005-03-03 11:50 ` Adrien Plisson
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Adrien Plisson @ 2005-03-03 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jiri Navratil wrote:
> I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
> listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The application
> will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results as
> html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.

check for AWS (Ada Web Server), it could help a lot for the server
side HTTP handling.

you will find more info here:
http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws/

--
rien

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
@ 2005-03-03 12:02 ` Rob W. Norris
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Rob W. Norris @ 2005-03-03 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jiri Navratil <jiri@navratil.cz> scribbled:

>Hi,
>
>I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
>listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The application
>will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results as
>html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.
>
>I will welcome recommendations about reading and packages.
>
>Thank you,
>Jiri

Personally I'd recommend using stuff inside a web server like Perl or
PHP since these languages have very good integration of both Web and
SQL interfaces.

However there is Ada Web Framework: http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws/
But I've never used it.

PS It's Ada not ADA.
--
Rob W. Norris
Top Posters Rule? Begin the revolution.

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
@ 2005-03-03 12:21 ` Marius Amado Alves
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Marius Amado Alves @ 2005-03-03 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Navratil; +Cc: comp.lang.ada

> I'm new to ADA.

Ada.

>  I would like to write a application, which will
> listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The
> application
> will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results
> as
> html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.
>
> I will welcome recommendations about reading and packages.

To connect to Postgres I recommend Pgsql at

    http://www.liacc.up.pt/~maa/files/

For the web part try AWS (Ada Web Server).

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-03-03 18:59 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2005-03-03 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:41:38 +0100, Jiri Navratil wrote:

> I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
> listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The application
> will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results as
> html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.

To access a data base you could use:

GNADE (it has native bindings to various data bases and also ODBC bindings)

APQ (it has PostgreSQL bindings and a data base independent layer)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-03-04 14:13 ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2005-03-04 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jiri Navratil <jiri@navratil.cz> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
> listen on a port and will use http for input and output.

If you can rely on an ordinary webserver (i.e. apache) you could
use a BUSH-cgi-Script.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Am besten du die Zeitung liest, dort wo du die Leitung ziehst.

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-03-04 19:57 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2005-03-04 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jiri Navratil <jiri@navratil.cz> writes:

> I'm new to ADA. I would like to write a application, which will
> listen on a port and will use http for input and output. The application
> will receive via web browser some input and will put back the results as
> html page. For the result a SQL command to PostgreSQL will be used.

For Web based applications, be sure to have a look at AWS.

http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws

For SQL the best binding around is GNADE.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: ADA packages for access to PostgreSQL and for web interface
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-03-07 14:49 ` Jiri Navratil
From: Jiri Navratil @ 2005-03-07 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for all answers,