From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] AWS 2.0p released
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:12:34 +0100
Date: 2004-06-14T13:12:34+01:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:55:12 +0200, Pascal Obry wrote:
> volkert@nivoba.de (Volkert) writes:
>
>> > We have worked very hard to make this release as stable as
>> > possible.
>>
>> Pascal,
>>
>> what does this statement mean?
>
> Well, that the release is really stable (ready to use in real applications).
> Actually I'm not sure what you do not understand :)

I think the question is whether it is more like
"starting out unreliable, we have had to work very hard to get any
stability at all" or
"Complete stability is the priority, and we have worked very hard
to ensure absolutely nothing slips through"?

From the sound of the OP, you have been having difficulty getting it
to hold together (the first interpretation).  I fact it seems the
second interpretation is more accurate.

It's a subtle question of emphasis and semantics that most native
English speakers would resolve by context, but still leaves
room for doubt. (am I right, Volkert?)
--
Adrian