* Good book for ADA 95 wanted
@ 2004-02-05 14:58 ernst.stiegler
From: ernst.stiegler @ 2004-02-05 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

can anyone recommend a book on ADA 95 ? I found a lot books but which
one is a good one for starting ? I have a lot programming experinence
with JAVA or C/C++.

thanks
Ernst

* Re: Good book for ADA 95 wanted
@ 2004-02-05 15:09 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-02-05 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2004-02-05, ernst.stiegler@gmx.net <ernst.stiegler@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anyone recommend a book on ADA 95 ? I found a lot books but which
> one is a good one for starting ? I have a lot programming experinence
> with JAVA or C/C++.

Of the on-line books (see http://www.adaworld.com/ or
http://www.adapower.com/):

   Ada Distilled

   Ada 95: The Craft of Object-Oriented Programming

   Object Oriented Programming in Ada 95

Of the books that you have to buy or borrow at your library:

   Ada as a Second Language (2nd Edition)
   Norman Cohen.
   McGraw Hill, 1996. (ISBN 0-07-011607-5)

   Programming In Ada 95 (2nd edition)
   John Barnes.
   Addison-Wesley, 1998. (ISBN 0-201-34293-6)

   Ada 95 for C and C++ Programmers
   Simon K. Johnston
   Addison Wesley, 1997 (ISBN 0-201-40363-3)

I would recommend Ada as a Second Language (2nd Edition) or Programming
In Ada 95 (2nd edition).

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."

* Re: Good book for ADA 95 wanted
@ 2004-02-05 22:34   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2004-02-05 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Preben Randhol" <randhol+valid_for_reply_from_news@pvv.org> wrote in
message
> On 2004-02-05, ernst.stiegler@gmx.net <ernst.stiegler@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > can anyone recommend a book on ADA 95 ? I found a lot books but which
> > one is a good one for starting ? I have a lot programming experinence
> > with JAVA or C/C++.
>
> Of the on-line books (see http://www.adaworld.com/ or
> http://www.adapower.com/):

Or http://www.adaic.org/learn .

                   Randy.

* Re: Good book for ADA 95 wanted
@ 2004-02-06  3:31 ` cl1motorsports
From: cl1motorsports @ 2004-02-06  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 06:58:16 -0800, ernst.stiegler@gmx.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can anyone recommend a book on ADA 95 ? I found a lot books but which
> one is a good one for starting ? I have a lot programming experinence
> with JAVA or C/C++.
>
> thanks
> Ernst

if you don't mind spending money "Rendezvous with ada 95" by david j.
naiditch is a very good book.