From: cl1motorsports <cwlambert76@yahoo.com>
Subject: what about having ada compile ada on the fly?
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:38:49 -0600
Date: 2003-12-20T00:38:49-06:00	[thread overview]

I've seen that there are discussions about enhancing the current ada95
spec. I was interested to know if there has been any talk of implementing
an api for compiling ada code. I've read that some languages implement
this feature(i think one was smalltalk), and i could see how that would be
very useful for making an IDE that would load modules or scripts on the
fly. I dunno much about the topic yet, my "Dragon Book" compiler book
hasn't gotten here for Christmas yet. I have ideas for an IDE for linux
and customizing the IDE with scripts that were compiled on the fly sounded
like a good idea. I dunno just a thought *shrug*.