From: Freejack <user@nospam.net>
Subject: Re: Handling Exceptions?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:57:37 GMT
Date: 2003-11-05T06:57:37+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:20:48 -0500, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> And, I might add, I personally recommend you use Emacs with ada-mode,
> which indents automatically for you as you type.  I have been heard to
> say "There is only one editor, but Vim is the other" :)
>
> (and yes, I write this in Emacs using Gnus).

Thanks.

It seems I was more than a little fuzzy on exceptions.

It appears that the end of an exception handler is denoted by the "end"
keyword. Sort of the way a military drill instructor denotes stopping by
the word "Halt!".
Hence the phrases  "end;", "end loop;" , "end if;", and "end
<procedure | function>;" all would also enclose an exception handler. An
exception handler has scope throughout the entire declared section unless
propogated.

Is my understanding correct here?

Thanks for the clarification.

Freejack.