From: "Patrice Freydiere" <frett27@free.fr>
Subject: Re: MIDI library for Ada
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:34:03 +0100
Date: 2003-10-29T21:28:27+01:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:35:10 +0100, aleistad wrote:

> "Patrice Freydiere" <frett27@free.fr> wrote in message
>> Hi, a can't find the original message you replied to , so i just wanted to
>> add some informations :
>> i started implementing a full ADA midi library.
>> Now, this library is able to read midi file, get all chunks and parse midi
>> events.
>> you can plug your custom parsing procedure to do what you want
>> it is also able to write midi file.
>>
>> the packages is not actually able to bind to a physical midi , or and OS
>> Midi interface. but it must not be very difficult.
>>
>> if you are interested, just email me i'll send you the sources.
>>

>> cheers,
>> Patrice
>
> Hi Patrice!
>
> Hmm... lets see; you have a MIDI file library and I have a MIDI I/O library.
> I'd say that is promising :) The I/O lib only has Windows bindings ATM, and
> needs a little more work. It shouldn't bee too hard to add supprt for other
> platforms.
>
> I'll get back yo you by mail for some file exchanging.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Are
> --

i had a linux box at home, so it would'nt be very difficult to support
more platforms ;-) (at this time, there is a lot of sound library on linux
(OSD, ALSA, ART .. ) but the best one must come out ?? that's the Open
Source effect ....... the real question is ... When ??

by the way,
what functions provide your library ?
can you send me your library ?

i will work thoses days one my midi library, 'cause i promise my dad
a famous recognition midi program for his barrel organs !!
if you have wishes. i could work on that too ?

Patrice