From: "Patrice Freydiere" <frett27@free.fr>
Subject: Re: DLLs / shared objects
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 09:58:27 +0200
Date: 2003-10-04T09:53:46+02:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:47:43 +0200, kat-Zygfryd wrote:

> I'd like to have a plugin system in my Ada program -
> but found by the app at runtime. All information I found concerned
>   InitProc := ObtainInitProc(SomeDLL); <--- ???
>   InitProc(SetFunc);
> end loop;

Hi,
there is solutions for each system supporting dynamic library loading.
You can use the Win API to do so for Windows plateforme
There is an example in AdaPower source repository

there is a AdaPlugin project for Linux that use Dynamic Glib Module
functionnality. (i don't remember the URL)
or DLib ->  http://www.ada-france.org/article94.html

I've never saw an ada project that make an abstraction and proprose
a common approch of "plugin",that manage the different plateforms.

Cheers,
Patrice