* libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-21 17:00 chris
From: chris @ 2003-07-21 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone of a libjpeg binding?  I found what appears to be such a
binding here http://pfreydiere.free.fr/SimpleJpegLib.html but don't
speak french so am not sure.  Can anyone tell me what it says or suggest
an alternative?

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-21 21:30 ` David C. Hoos
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: David C. Hoos @ 2003-07-21 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada, danx

From: David Marceau @ 2003-07-22  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone of a libjpeg binding?  I found what appears to be such a
> binding here http://pfreydiere.free.fr/SimpleJpegLib.html but don't
> speak french so am not sure.  Can anyone tell me what it says or suggest
> an alternative?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
Download the tar ball, the sources are in English ;)
UTSL :)

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-22  9:19 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-07-22  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone of a libjpeg binding?  I found what appears to be such a
> binding here http://pfreydiere.free.fr/SimpleJpegLib.html but don't
> speak french so am not sure.

Tip: Try http://babelfish.altavista.com/
it can translate for you. Not perfect of course but should be good
enough for understanding I think. However, I see somebody translated for
you so you can save the bookmark for a later time :-)

Be sure to check what license the library is under.

--
Ada95 is good for you.
http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-22 16:52   ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-07-22 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

David C. Hoos wrote:

> Well... I don't speak French either, but since telling you what it says only
> requires _reading_ French, I'll be happy to oblige. This translation is
> rather
> literal -- i.e., not in the best English idiom.

Thanks!

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-22 16:54   ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-07-22 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Tip: Try http://babelfish.altavista.com/
> it can translate for you. Not perfect of course but should be good
> enough for understanding I think. However, I see somebody translated for
> you so you can save the bookmark for a later time :-)

Didn't know about that one, cheers.  I ran it through
freetranslations.com but it kept timing out.

> Be sure to check what license the library is under.

Looks GMGPL from the sources.

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-22 16:56   ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-07-22 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Marceau wrote:

> Download the tar ball, the sources are in English ;)

Thanks...

 > UTSL :)

?

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-07-23 10:22     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-07-23 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris wrote:
> > UTSL :)
>
> ?

Use the Source Luke (Nice Star Wars quote that got popular with the Open
Source ;-))

--
Ada95 is good for you.
http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php

* Re: libjpeg binding?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-08-09 11:15 ` Patrice Freydiere
From: Patrice Freydiere @ 2003-08-09 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:00:43 +0200, chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone of a libjpeg binding?  I found what appears to be such a
> binding here http://pfreydiere.free.fr/SimpleJpegLib.html but don't
> speak french so am not sure.  Can anyone tell me what it says or suggest
> an alternative?
>

> Cheers,
> Chris

Hi, chris,

I do speak english. You could have sent a mail to confirm this !
i'll translate the web page for every english speaking developers.

Thanks for all.

Patrice

* Re: libjpeg binding?
@ 2003-08-11 23:22   ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-08-11 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrice Freydiere wrote:

> Hi, chris,
>
> I do speak english. You could have sent a mail to confirm this !

Yeah, I tend not to think of the obvious!  Get's me into all sorts of
trouble :(

It might be worth indexing your lib in the google directory, I
discovered there is a (or was) unicode lib in the works and some other
things.  The Ada section is actually quite big in comparison with other
languages.  Someone's been working hard ;)

Is anyone an editing the (open) directory here?

Chris