From: Freejack <freejack@nospam.net>
Subject: Re: Binding to C
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:52:32 GMT
Date: 2003-07-28T20:52:32+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:59:30 -0400, chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I came across the following in libjpeg... what should I map it to?
>
> const char* const* jpeg_message_table
>
> Also does anyone have any advice in general mapping to C.  For the
> jpeg_error_mgr struct, I mapped ptrs to functions to System.Address and
> made the struct a record.  Will this work, or will the corresponding
> type of the struct have to be a System.Address?

I'd like to add a question...

Has anyone done any sort of specific tutorial on Interfaces.C or
interfacing with C from Ada in general.

This seems to be a question that get's asked a lot in this newsgroup. I
know I could use some good helper docs (along with the LRM) on this
particular subject.

I'm currently trying to create a thin binding to the SleepyCat Berkely DB
library, and I'm spending most of my time looking at other bindings to
figure out what goes where.
Some of the bindings are very good, but it is a bit frustrating at times.

NiCad