From: "Martin Krischik" <Martin.Krischik@T-Online.de>
Subject: Re: No Ada in OpenSource?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:56:20 +0100
Date: 2003-02-18T18:56:20+01:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:31:44 +0000, Warren W. Gay VE3WWG wrote:

> Marc A. Criley wrote:
>> Yuri wrote:

>> For whatever reason, the majority of Ada open source projects reside in
>> places other than Source Forge, such as www.adapower.com.

> Not everyone likes to do development "publicly". I for example,
> keep my sources under my own CVS tree in the privacy of my
> own home, and then make public releases at various points in
> time. This way I can make all kinds of embarassing mistakes
> and wild experiments, and nobody need know about it ;-)

You can make embarassing mistakes even when releasing software. And then
ist is quite good to see in the statistics that no one ever downloaded
version 1.1.0 ;-)

And when somebody downloads a version without tag from the cvs archives, it
is realy his problem isn't it?

> This works for me, since I am working alone in a "hobby
> mode" of sorts.  At some point in the future, I'll likely
> gravitate to the Source Forge in order to provide better
> support and allow collaboration. For now, I need the simplicity
> of working quietly at home.

I think Source Forge is quite cool and I never regret moving my hobby
project there.

With Regards

Martin

--