Subject: Re: Game algorithm
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:49:24 +0100
Date: 2002-11-04T16:49:24+01:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:25:23 +0000, John Stoneham wrote:

> "John" <celineg@look.ca> wrote in message
>> I am doing a strategy game of "turned-base" type in Ada and I am in search
>> of an algorithm which builds a binary tree in wich all the leaves
> represents
>> all the possible moves for a player, at the given moment.
>>
>> Could somebody direct me to a good link for this type of problem.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

> One of the "future" projects I am planning is a chess program in Ada.
> Studying chess programming has been an on-and-off hobby of mine for several
> years, and although you may not be usisng chess as your turn-based strategy
> game, I believe the underlying principles will remain the same.

Me and my friends did a Chessprogram in Ada for a school project.
We used a weighted minmax algorithm for our two AI-clients.

It was a client server aproach since we needed networking for the project.
Our server could handle many games at the same time (tested with 4Gb RAM
so we didnt care). AI-clients ate through 60.000 boards before doing a
move. that's about 4 levels deep into the move tree.

I could probaly get you the whole source (client, server and ai).
We used a local package for drawing colors in Sun x-terms so
that probably wont work well.. there should be a quick 'n dirty version
of it too...

If you want it just say so...

<snip>
> Hope this helps.