* ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32*****
@ 2000-03-13  0:00 Arkos
From: Arkos @ 2000-03-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I compile it's work perfectly but when come the time to build it,
I always get this error message :

gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec 'collect2': no such file or
directory.

What the heck is 'collect2'???

Thanks In Advance!!!

Arkos

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32*****
@ 2000-03-14  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2000-03-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I compile it's work perfectly but when come the time to build it,
> I always get this error message :
>
> gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec 'collect2': no such file or
> directory.

Sounds like your installation problem to me. Have you tried re-installing ?

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32*****
@ 2000-03-14  0:00   ` Arkos
From: Arkos @ 2000-03-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:02:13 +0100, "Pascal Obry" <p.obry@der.edf.fr>
wrote:

>Arkos <Arkos@hide.com> a �crit dans le message :
>t1rrcs415b9fflqrmerbr1bjvvijf2pnu2@4ax.com...
>> When I compile it's work perfectly but when come the time to build it,
>> I always get this error message :
>>
>> gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec 'collect2': no such file or
>> directory.
>>
>> What the heck is 'collect2'???
>>
>> Thanks In Advance!!!
>>

>The answer is just above "installation problem". Uninstall GNAT and try
>installing
>again. Note that you must have the administrator rights during installation.
>
>Pascal.

Yes, I try several time to reinstall it.  I just follow the typical
installation. What do you mean 'administrator rights' ?. I'm using it
on a Win98 Pc

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32*****
@ 2000-03-14  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-03-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                               Team-Ada Member |

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32*****
@ 2000-03-15  0:00 ` J. David Bryan
From: J. David Bryan @ 2000-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:43:23 -0800 in article
<t1rrcs415b9fflqrmerbr1bjvvijf2pnu2@4ax.com>, Arkos@hide.com wrote...

>When I compile it's work perfectly but when come the time to build it,
>I always get this error message :
>
>gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec 'collect2': no such file or
>directory.

Do you have the GNU C or C++ compilers installed on this system (in addition
to GNAT)?

>What the heck is 'collect2'???

From the GCC manual:

  collect2

  GNU CC uses a utility called collect2 on nearly all systems to arrange to
  call various initialization functions at start time.

  The program collect2 works by linking the program once and looking through
  the linker output file for symbols with particular names indicating they are
  constructor functions.  If it finds any, it creates a new temporary .c file
  containing a table of them, compiles it, and links the program a second time
  including that file.

Collect2 is not used or installed by GNAT, so it sounds as though either the
wrong "gcc" is being used (e.g., there's another gcc on yuor system somewhere
in the PATH), or the wrong "specs" file is being used (again, because there's
another one on your system).

If you're certain the installation went OK, I'd check your PATH, environment
variables affecting GCC (GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, etc. -- they're listed in the GCC
manual), and the system registry under:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Free Software Foundation
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan

NOTE: Due to unrelenting SPAM, I regret that I have been forced to post with
an encoded address.  Please ROT13 this message to obtain the reply address.
Address also available at http://www.bcpl.net/~dbryan/mailto.html

Cyrnfr ercyl gb guvf nqqerff:  wqoelna@npz.bet

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32***** Thanks J.David Bryan
@ 2000-03-15  0:00   ` Arkos
From: Arkos @ 2000-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:10:10 GMT, wqoelna@npz.bet (J. David Bryan)
wrote:

>Collect2 is not used or installed by GNAT, so it sounds as though either the
>wrong "gcc" is being used (e.g., there's another gcc on yuor system somewhere
>in the PATH), or the wrong "specs" file is being used (again, because there's
>another one on your system).
>
>If you're certain the installation went OK, I'd check your PATH, environment
>variables affecting GCC (GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, etc. -- they're listed in the GCC
>manual), and the system registry under:
>
>  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Free Software Foundation

Thanks for the tips.  I think i know what wrong now.  Indeed i have an
other C compiler install on my machine and Gnat is using that gcc
instead of it own.

Thanks!!

* Re: ****Need help with GNAT 3.12 for win32***** Thanks J.David Bryan
@ 2000-03-16  0:00     ` J. David Bryan
From: J. David Bryan @ 2000-03-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:37:44 -0800 in article
<ktlvcs0heb037guijh7ukqkmv02k7l77po@4ax.com>, Arkos@hide.com wrote...

>Thanks for the tips.

You're welcome.