* Ada related story in IEEE Spectrum
@ 2005-09-13 17:34 Rod Chapman
From: Rod Chapman @ 2005-09-13 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Both Ada fans and skeptics might be interested in September's
issue of IEEE Spectrum...check it out at
 www.spectrum.ieee.org

The hardcopy version also includes dubious photos of the
main protagonists... :-)

 - Rod, SPARK Team

* Re: Ada related story in IEEE Spectrum
@ 2005-09-13 20:28 ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 2005-09-13 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Chapman wrote:
> Both Ada fans and skeptics might be interested in September's
> issue of IEEE Spectrum...check it out at
>  www.spectrum.ieee.org
>
> The hardcopy version also includes dubious photos of the
> main protagonists... :-)

Yeah, but the background's pretty nice, though :-)

			dave

* Re: Ada related story in IEEE Spectrum
@ 2005-09-13 20:54 ` Hyman Rosen
From: Hyman Rosen @ 2005-09-13 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

The article claims "software failure is for the most part predictable
and avoidable" but doesn't actually present any evidence that this is
the case. One might expect that the universality of software failure
argues for just the opposite. As an example, the table that is supposed
to appear when clicking on the "Software Hall of Shame" link doesn't;
instead the "broken graphic" image is displayed.

* Re: Ada related story in IEEE Spectrum
@ 2005-09-13 23:07 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-09-13 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Chapman wrote:

> The hardcopy version also includes dubious photos of the
> main protagonists... :-)

The on-line version includes some fine photos of dubious protagonists ...

--
Jeffrey Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."