* Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-18 16:35 Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2009-04-18 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I needed to write a milter to expel the spammers from my mailbox, and
naturally I wanted to write it in Ada. I couldn't find a binding to
Libmilter so I made one. I present the first public version of the Ada
Milter API:

http://www.rombobj�rn.se/Milter_API

The binding is in a "works for me" state. It's written to match the version
of Libmilter that comes with Sendmail 8.13.8, because that's what I
currently have on my server. It provides almost all of the features in that
version of Libmilter, but a few pieces are missing because I don't use them
and they weren't trivial to implement. Later versions of Libmilter also
have new features that the binding doesn't support yet.

I use Milter API with Postfix 2.3.8 and it's working great, but functions
that I don't use are pretty much untested. I haven't even tried it with
Sendmail, because I use Postfix.

There is also a binding to the syslog functions, which Milter API uses:

http://www.rombobj�rn.se/System_Log

Thanks in part to Milter API, I no longer need to obfuscate my email
address.

--
Bj�rn Persson
PGP key A88682FD

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-24 15:24 ` Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2009-04-24 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bj�rn Persson wrote:

> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/Milter_API
[snip]
> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/System_Log

Those links appear to be broken -- they're not working for me, anyway.

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-24 15:40   ` Albrecht Käfer
From: Albrecht Käfer @ 2009-04-24 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tim Rowe schrieb::
>> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/Milter_API
> [snip]
>> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/System_Log
> Those links appear to be broken -- they're not working for me, anyway.

Then your browser doesn't support international URLs. Use these:
http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/Milter_API
http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/System_Log

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-27 10:14     ` Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2009-04-27 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Albrecht K�fer wrote:
> Tim Rowe schrieb::
>>> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/Milter_API
>> [snip]
>>> http://www.rombobj�rn.se/System_Log
>> Those links appear to be broken -- they're not working for me, anyway.
>
> Then your browser doesn't support international URLs. Use these:
> http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/Milter_API
> http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/System_Log

Thanks, they work. My browser is the current version of Firefox, by the
way, so pretty mainstream.

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-27 20:25       ` Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2009-04-27 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tim Rowe wrote:

> Albrecht K�fer wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Those links appear to be broken -- they're not working for me, anyway.
>>
>> Then your browser doesn't support international URLs. Use these:
>> http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/Milter_API
>> http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/System_Log
>
> Thanks, they work. My browser is the current version of Firefox, by the
> way, so pretty mainstream.

You seem to have been bitten by the same bug as my mom, who also uses
Thunderbird and Firefox. She told me that if she clicks on a URL in
Thunderbird it gets mangled, but if she copies it and pastes it into
Firefox, then it works.

--
Bj�rn Persson
PGP key A88682FD

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-28 21:45 sjw
From: sjw @ 2009-04-28 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 27, 9:25 pm, Björn Persson <bj...@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:
> Tim Rowe wrote:
> > Albrecht Käfer wrote:
>
> >> Then your browser doesn't support international URLs. Use these:
> >>http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/Milter_API
> >>http://www.xn--rombobjrn-67a.se/System_Log
>
> > Thanks, they work. My browser is the current version of Firefox, by the
> > way, so pretty mainstream.
>
> You seem to have been bitten by the same bug as my mom, who also uses
> Thunderbird and Firefox. She told me that if she clicks on a URL in
> Thunderbird it gets mangled, but if she copies it and pastes it into
> Firefox, then it works.

Google Groups mangles the URL (the blued link only goes as far as the
o-umlaut) but if I copy the whole URL and paste into Safari it's fine.

* Re: Ann: Milter API
@ 2009-04-30 16:20 ` Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2009-04-30 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

sjw wrote:
> On Apr 27, 9:25 pm, Bj�rn Persson <bj...@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:
>> Tim Rowe wrote:
>>> Thanks, they work. My browser is the current version of Firefox, by the
>>> way, so pretty mainstream.
>> You seem to have been bitten by the same bug as my mom, who also uses
>> Thunderbird and Firefox. She told me that if she clicks on a URL in
>> Thunderbird it gets mangled, but if she copies it and pastes it into
>> Firefox, then it works.
>
> Google Groups mangles the URL (the blued link only goes as far as the
> o-umlaut) but if I copy the whole URL and paste into Safari it's fine.

I'm not reading via Google Groups, and the blued link goes all the way
to the end for me. But I am reading on Thunderbird, so the
Thunderbird/Firefox bug is a likely contender.