From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.not.jrcarter@acm.not.spam.org>
Subject: Re: AW: GNAT compiler switches and optimization
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:29:09 GMT
Date: 2006-10-23T20:29:09+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> I certainly do not think you should start putting Convention(Fortran) on
> all your performance-critical arrays, just to make sure!

In the case of records, the representation is up to the compiler unless
there is a representation clause. I don't find it surprising that the
same is true of arrays. However, as with records, there should be some
way to specify the representation for arrays other than a pragma
Convention for another language.

--
Jeff Carter
"Blessed are they who convert their neighbors'