From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [Newbie] Setting up ADA for AVR environment with graphical source-level debugging ?
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:44:16 -0600
Date: 2018-03-02T16:44:16-06:00	[thread overview]

"J-P. Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote in message
news:p7b2an$2n6$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> Le 02/03/2018 à 08:21, Petter Fryklund a écrit :
>>> The language that you are learning is Ada, not ADA. Ada is a
>>> person's name, not an acronym. It sort of grates on some people's
>>> nerves to see ADA.
>>
>> ADA is actually not an acronym, it is two. American Dentist
>> Association and American Disables Act ;-)
>>
> And many others (106 listed):
> https://www.acronymfinder.com/ADA.html
>
> (BTW, this list misses the Agra Development Authority - I have a
> beautiful picture of a bus with ADA on it)

There are also plenty of places named "Ada" in the US. I once stopped in
Idaho to take a picture of "Welcome to Ada County" (I remember someone asked
to add it to their collection of Ada pictures.) My 6th grade teacher was
from Ada Wisconsin, and in fact that is where my Dad gets his apples pressed
into cider each year. ("Ada - unincorporated" in front of a tiny cluster of
houses is not a picture we need in the Ada gallery - one doesn't even need
to slow down for Ada.)

                     Randy.