* gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-21 10:53 robinmoss
From: robinmoss @ 2018-02-21 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've been fighting for awhile with gnattest, and trying to get it to work.

I downloaded `gnat-gpl-2017-x86_64-linux-bin` and ran `doinstall.sh`, and it all seems to work I have my project that uses AWS and JSON building via gprbuild fine.

I did download and compile gnatcol as well to get JSON working.

However when ever I try and run gnattest, even from the `share/examples/aunit` it always fails with the following output;

```
/usr/gnat/share/examples/gnattest/simple$ gnattest simple.gpr
default.gpr:1:06: unknown project file: "aunit"

gnattest: aunit not installed
```

The above also occurs if i try using GPS

I cannot find any advice online about this, anyone got any ideas what the problem is?

Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Thanks,
Robin

* gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-21 13:04 ` Bojan Bozovic
From: Bojan Bozovic @ 2018-02-21 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try example from share/examples/gnattest/simple there is README.Testing there. Also look at AdaCore documentation on AUnit from http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/aunit/html/aunit_cb/aunit_cb.html

It that doesn't help wait for someone experienced to answer, as I am a beginner.

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-21 13:24   ` robinmoss
From: robinmoss @ 2018-02-21 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 1:04:03 PM UTC, Bojan Bozovic wrote:
> Try example from share/examples/gnattest/simple there is README.Testing there. Also look at AdaCore documentation on AUnit from http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/aunit/html/aunit_cb/aunit_cb.html
>
> It that doesn't help wait for someone experienced to answer, as I am a beginner.

Afraid that even the examples fail to build..

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-21 17:26     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2018-02-21 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 5:24:20 AM UTC-8, robi...@e2eservices.co.uk wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 1:04:03 PM UTC, Bojan Bozovic wrote:
> > Try example from share/examples/gnattest/simple there is README.Testing there. Also look at AdaCore documentation on AUnit from http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/aunit/html/aunit_cb/aunit_cb.html
> >
> > It that doesn't help wait for someone experienced to answer, as I am a beginner.
>
> Afraid that even the examples fail to build..

After installing the GNAT, you should see aunit.gpr along with other projects located at /GNAT_INSTALLATION_DIR/lib/gnat. In addition, make sure the variable GPR_PROJECT_PATH pointing this location. If it does not exist, create one for it.

Anh Vo

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22  7:57       ` robinmoss
From: robinmoss @ 2018-02-22  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 5:26:18 PM UTC, Anh Vo wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 5:24:20 AM UTC-8, robi...@e2eservices.co.uk wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 1:04:03 PM UTC, Bojan Bozovic wrote:
> > > Try example from share/examples/gnattest/simple there is README.Testing there. Also look at AdaCore documentation on AUnit from http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/aunit/html/aunit_cb/aunit_cb.html
> > >
> > > It that doesn't help wait for someone experienced to answer, as I am a beginner.
> >
> > Afraid that even the examples fail to build..
>
> After installing the GNAT, you should see aunit.gpr along with other projects located at /GNAT_INSTALLATION_DIR/lib/gnat. In addition, make sure the variable GPR_PROJECT_PATH pointing this location. If it does not exist, create one for it.
>
> Anh Vo

Hi Avh,

Afraid this still hasn't solved my problem :(

the lib/gnat folder contains a load of GPR files.

the GPR_PROJECT_DIR didn't exist so I set it, but this had no effect

echo $GPR_PROJECT_DIR
/usr/gnat/lib/gnat

/usr/gnat/lib/gnat$ ls
aunit.gpr          gnatcoll_gmp.gpr    gnatcoll_postgres.gpr  gnatcoll_sqlite.gpr  gnatmetric.gpr  gnat_util.gpr   xmlada.gpr        xmlada_schema.gpr
gnat2xml.gpr       gnatcoll.gpr        gnatcoll_python.gpr    gnatcoll_xref.gpr    gnatpp.gpr      manifests       xmlada_input.gpr  xmlada_unicode.gpr
gnatcoll_full.gpr  gnatcoll_iconv.gpr  gnatcoll_readline.gpr  gnatelim.gpr         gnattest.gpr    xmlada_dom.gpr  xmlada_sax.gpr

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 13:26         ` robinmoss
From: robinmoss @ 2018-02-22 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've managed to get it working if i install libaunit-dev.. is there a way to do this via the ada distribution (via the ./doinstall)?

As i've currently just done: sudo apt-get install libaunit3.7.1-dev

not sure if it's even the correct version

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 13:52           ` Bojan Bozovic
From: Bojan Bozovic @ 2018-02-22 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

As far as I know FSF GNAT uses its own version of AUnit, different than AdaCore one, but I might be wrong. Check to see are you compiling with FSF or AdaCore compiler, which comes first in the PATH is used. Or just use gcc --version to see which one is used.

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 13:57             ` robinmoss
From: robinmoss @ 2018-02-22 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 1:52:45 PM UTC, Bojan Bozovic wrote:
> As far as I know FSF GNAT uses its own version of AUnit, different than AdaCore one, but I might be wrong. Check to see are you compiling with FSF or AdaCore compiler, which comes first in the PATH is used. Or just use gcc --version to see which one is used.

Ok, looks like i just need to have the Ada bin (/usr/gnat/bin) at the front of the path to get this working.

It does contain it's own GCC, which when using it doesn't seem to depend on libaunit-dev as installed via apt-get.

Thanks

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 16:19             ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2018-02-22 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bojan Bozovic <bozovic.bojan@gmail.com> writes:

> As far as I know FSF GNAT uses its own version of AUnit, different
> than AdaCore one, but I might be wrong. Check to see are you compiling
> with FSF or AdaCore compiler, which comes first in the PATH is
> used. Or just use gcc --version to see which one is used.

Actually it's not FSF GNAT you're talking about, it's Debian (as picked
up by Ubuntu), which has its own view on hw things should be packaged.

Sounds very much as though you're picking up the host Ada compiler, not
the GNAT GPL one you installed.

gnatls -v is a good way to see what Ada compiler you're using.

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 17:21 ` Dirk Heinrichs
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2018-02-22 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.02.2018 um 11:53 schrieb robinmoss@e2eservices.co.uk:

> Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply install the distribution packages
(gnat, gnat-gps, etc...)?

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
GPG Public Key: D01B367761B0F7CE6E6D81AAD5A2E54246986015

* Re: gnattest: aunit not installed
@ 2018-02-22 20:35         ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2018-02-22 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 11:57:15 PM UTC-8, robi...@e2eservices.co.uk wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 5:26:18 PM UTC, Anh Vo wrote:

> > > Afraid that even the examples fail to build..
> >
> > After installing the GNAT, you should see aunit.gpr along with other projects located at /GNAT_INSTALLATION_DIR/lib/gnat. In addition, make sure the variable GPR_PROJECT_PATH pointing this location. If it does not exist, create one for it.
> >
> > Anh Vo
>
> Hi Avh,
>
> Afraid this still hasn't solved my problem :(
>
> the lib/gnat folder contains a load of GPR files.
>
> the GPR_PROJECT_DIR didn't exist so I set it, but this had no effect

Sorry for my typo. It should have been GPR_PROJECT_PATH.

Anh Vo