From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Redefining "in" "operator"
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:07:34 +0100
Date: 2018-02-06T19:07:34+01:00	[thread overview]

On 02/06/2018 01:48 AM, Randy Brukardt wrote:

> Well, Ada 2012 also allows it to be a (set) of expressions as well. But your
> basic point applies: there aren't any function parameters that are subtypes
> or that are sets of expressions. One could imagine allowing a pair of
> expressions, but that's just "=" (and "in" in fact uses user-defined "="
> when necessary).

Yes, sorry; thanks for the clarification. When I first learned "in", it was
subtypes all the way down. Ada 95 added classes of tagged types, and Ada 12, as
you noted, expanded it further. None of these can be an operand of an operator.
But when faced with a question like this I sometimes revert to my original
understanding.

--
Jeff Carter
"What I wouldn't give for a large sock with horse manure in it."