From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: interfaces and limited/controlled/limited-controlled types
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:03:48 -0600
Date: 2018-01-29T17:03:48-06:00	[thread overview]

news:p4i2ti$nqp$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> On 2018-01-27 15:04, Jere wrote:
>
>> I didn't see this in the discussion referenced, but how hard is it for
>> the
>> compiler to detect that a specific language defined interface is used
>> and have it do a mixin for the needed components.
>
> Which is called "multiple inheritance", implementation of (:-))

Precisely my point. You would have to implement complete multiple
inheritance for this one case. It's certainly possible (languages that have
full multiple inheritance exist, after all), but once you've done that, you
might as well support it for all types (there isn't a lot of difference).

You might be able to get a bit of simplification by not having to worry
about discriminant-dependent components or controlled components inside of
controlled type, but that wouldn't help a whole lot.

                                   Randy.