From: Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP>
Subject: [OT] VMS editors and PC keyboards, was: Re: Why *.adb and *.ads?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:18:57 -0000 (UTC)
Date: 2018-01-27T22:18:57+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2018-01-27, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Granted, this may have been a result of some historical
> refactoring so they could use GNAT on Windows for test compilation/editing,
> as telnet into a VMS box (virtual for the last half decade or so) is not
> comfortable -- VMS editors don't translate well to non-VT keyboards.

Assuming you are using PC keyboards with all the normal keys on
them, you could try using PuTTY as it has a couple of keyboard
layout options when working with either VMS systems or editors
with a EDT keypad option.

The only keypad key I don't have available when using an editor
in EDT keyboard mode is "delete word" which I never used anyway.

Simon.