* New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-17 17:50 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2009-02-17 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-17 20:23 ` Ludovic Brenta
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-02-17 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik wrote:
> I have become a MacPorts maintainer [2] :-) and [GCC] can be compiled
> installed like any other Port (MacPorts is a soucecode based distribution).

Congratulations, Martin! I hope this makes Ada a very visible first-
class citizen in the toolbox of every Macintosh developer.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-17 20:32 ` Jerry
From: Jerry @ 2009-02-17 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 17, 10:50 am, Martin Krischik <krisc...@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have released a new MacPort version of the GCC compiler [1].

Hi Martin,

Thanks for doing this.

Can I now have a working 4.3.x GNAT on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.5.x?
As you know, this combination has not been provided by MacAda.org. I
have been running their GNAT on my PPC Powerbook under OS X 10.4 but
have been unable to switch to 10.5 because of this "missing compiler."

If I understand correctly, due to your bootstrapping efforts, I can
use my existing MacAda compiler as the bootstrap by specifying +macada
(and presumably +ada and +powerpc).

Jerry

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-18  8:20   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2009-02-18  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry schrieb:
> On Feb 17, 10:50 am, Martin Krischik <krisc...@me.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have released a new MacPort version of the GCC compiler [1].
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for doing this.
>
> Can I now have a working 4.3.x GNAT on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.5.x?
> As you know, this combination has not been provided by MacAda.org. I
> have been running their GNAT on my PPC Powerbook under OS X 10.4 but
> have been unable to switch to 10.5 because of this "missing compiler."
>
> If I understand correctly, due to your bootstrapping efforts, I can
> use my existing MacAda compiler as the bootstrap by specifying +macada
> (and presumably +ada and +powerpc).

Have a look at my bootstrap job:

http://gnuada.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gnuada/trunk/MacPorts/Utilities/Build_GCC.command?view=markup

Well an old version - there is a commit still pending - I commit the
correct version tonight. Anyway, you can get the drift here. Just
replace \<.*gcc43\> with gnat-gcc ;-) .

Regards

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-19  4:21 ` Ivan Levashew
From: Ivan Levashew @ 2009-02-19  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik wrote:

> I have released a new MacPort version of the GCC compiler [1]. The
> Portfiles for the new release has been send up stream as I have become a
> MacPorts maintainer [2] :-) and they can be compiled installed like any
> other Port (MacPorts is a soucecode based distribution).
>
> Since you need an bootstrap compiler I also created a binary release [3]
> to get everybody started.
>
> And on top of that I prepared new sourcecode tarballs for booch95 and
> XML/Ada.
>
> Have Fun.
>
> Martin

Martin, I have several questions regarding Ada compiler on Mac OS X.

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=gn1fm6%24dbj%241%40ger.gmane.org&type=blog

Can you answer them please?

--
If you want to get to the top, you have to start at the bottom

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-19  7:11 ` Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2009-02-19  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

M,

Thanks for putting this together!

I tried install it today, and ran into some snags, perhaps I made a
mistake somewhere?  Here's what I tried:

1.  installed MacPorts
2.  installed gnat-gcc-4.3.3.dmg from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12974&package_id=291480
3.  ran sudo port install gnat-gcc +ada;  resulted in error included
below.

Admittedly I'm new to ada and may have made an elementary mistake.  If
you had any suggestions, they would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,

--Alexis

--->  Configuring gnat-gcc
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_gnat-
gcc/work/build" && ../gcc-4.3.3/configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-
languages=c,c++,ada,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran --libdir=/opt/local/lib/
gnat-gcc --includedir=/opt/local/include/gnat-gcc --infodir=/opt/local/
share/info --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-local-prefix=/opt/
local --with-system-zlib --disable-nls --program-suffix=-gnat-4.3 --
with-gxx-include-dir=/opt/local/include/gnat-gcc/c++/ --with-gmp=/opt/
local --with-mpfr=/opt/local " returned error 77
Command output: checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.3
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

* Re: New MacPorts / GNU Ada Release
@ 2009-02-19 10:10   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2009-02-19 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexis schrieb:
> M,
>
> Thanks for putting this together!
>
> I tried install it today, and ran into some snags, perhaps I made a
> mistake somewhere?  Here's what I tried:
>
> 1.  installed MacPorts
> 2.  installed gnat-gcc-4.3.3.dmg from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12974&package_id=291480
> 3.  ran sudo port install gnat-gcc +ada;  resulted in error included
> below.
>
> Admittedly I'm new to ada and may have made an elementary mistake.  If
> you had any suggestions, they would be appreciated :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --Alexis
>
> --->  Configuring gnat-gcc
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_gnat-
> gcc/work/build" && ../gcc-4.3.3/configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-
> languages=c,c++,ada,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran --libdir=/opt/local/lib/
> gnat-gcc --includedir=/opt/local/include/gnat-gcc --infodir=/opt/local/
> share/info --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-local-prefix=/opt/
> local --with-system-zlib --disable-nls --program-suffix=-gnat-4.3 --
> with-gxx-include-dir=/opt/local/include/gnat-gcc/c++/ --with-gmp=/opt/
> local --with-mpfr=/opt/local " returned error 77
> Command output: checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
> checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
> checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
> checking whether ln works... yes
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for gcc... /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.3

Damm! there is a commit missing.

Martin

--

@ 2009-02-19 10:19   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2009-02-19 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ivan Levashew schrieb:
> Martin Krischik wrote:
>
>> I have released a new MacPort version of the GCC compiler [1]. The
>> Portfiles for the new release has been send up stream as I have become a
>> MacPorts maintainer [2] :-) and they can be compiled installed like any
>> other Port (MacPorts is a soucecode based distribution).
>>
>> Since you need an bootstrap compiler I also created a binary release [3]
>> to get everybody started.
>>
>> And on top of that I prepared new sourcecode tarballs for booch95 and
>> XML/Ada.
>>
>> Have Fun.
>>
>> Martin
>
> Martin, I have several questions regarding Ada compiler on Mac OS X.
>
> http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=gn1fm6%24dbj%241%40ger.gmane.org&type=blog
>

> Can you answer them please?

All I did is to copy the port of "gcc43" and added Ada to it. I made
particularity sure that a

gvimdiff  gnat-gcc/Portfile gcc43/Portfile

gives me a manageable result so work on gcc upgrades are minimized.

So any question related to non-Ada stuff should be directed to the
author of gcc34 which is mww (Markus W. Weißmann,
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/mww).

Sorry to spoil your fun but until there is an Objective-Ada the various
Objective runtimes are not high on my priority list.

Regards

Martin
--

@ 2009-02-19 16:36     ` Ivan Levashew
From: Ivan Levashew @ 2009-02-19 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik wrote:

>> Can you answer them please?
>
> All I did is to copy the port of "gcc43" and added Ada to it. I made
> particularity sure that a
>
> gvimdiff  gnat-gcc/Portfile gcc43/Portfile
>
> gives me a manageable result so work on gcc upgrades are minimized.

OK, we'll see how reliable will this compiler be.

> Sorry to spoil your fun but until there is an Objective-Ada the various
> Objective runtimes are not high on my priority list.

Fun? No fun on Mac OS X, just problems.

--

@ 2009-02-20 20:06     ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2009-02-20 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)