From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: begin clause in package bodies
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 16:23:45 -0600
Date: 2017-12-01T16:23:45-06:00	[thread overview]

news:ovrtsh$bia$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> Furthermore the term "global" does not quite apply to Ada.

<pedantic>Well, actually it does: "global" is defined by RM 8.1(15).
:-)</pedantic>

>... Ada has nested scopes and a variable may exist in any scope starting
>from the local one up to the library level. This also applies to task
>objects.

...but your point is right. Ada defines "global" relative to the "current"
declarative region, a rather useless definition. I prefer to think of
"global" as equivalent to library-level, since that is always global to
anything being executed. But I think you're right that it is better to think
of nesting always and avoid thinking about "global" and "local" as if those
are the only possibilities.

                                   Randy.