From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Getting started with embedded programming
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 23:37:07 +0100
Date: 2017-11-25T23:37:07+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2017-11-25 23:10, Andrew Shvets wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Honestly, I don't really have an answer to
> any of those questions. At the moment, my biggest project is a simple
> "Hello World!" application.

Well, Raspberry Pi 2/3 is definitely sufficient for that. You can
accomplish it in no time. Installing and booting Debian (Raspbian) or
Fedora from 8GB SD card goes out of the box. GNAT is available for
armhf. That is.

> Eventually, I would like to make something that can work with input
> from 3 small digital cameras. However, that is a way off.

Image processing can be infinitely resource consuming. You might wish a
board with USB3 to attach the cameras, I assume they will be USB not CSI
attached. There exist camera module multiplexers but they are relatively
expensive and I am not sure if the performance is worth the money.
Raspberry Pi 2/3 has 4xUSB2. Which leaves one port free.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov