* RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-10-21 19:22 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-10-21 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there anywhere RM2012 containing accepted changes to the standard?

It would be very inconvenient to review all changes manually. I want all in
one document.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-10-21 19:46 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-10-21 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> Is there anywhere RM2012 containing accepted changes to the standard?
>
> It would be very inconvenient to review all changes manually. I want all
> in one document.

Or at least, where on the Web to look for the list of all accepted changes
to RM2012?

--

@ 2017-10-22  0:44   ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2017-10-22  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 1:46:40 PM UTC-6, Victor Porton wrote:
> Victor Porton wrote:
>
> > Is there anywhere RM2012 containing accepted changes to the standard?
> >
> > It would be very inconvenient to review all changes manually. I want all
> > in one document.
>
> Or at least, where on the Web to look for the list of all accepted changes
> to RM2012?
>
> --
> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

The place to go for something like this is: http://www.ada-auth.org/arm.html
It's the ARG's site, and has a page under that: http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/ada12_w_tc1.html -- which is the latest-and-greatest LRM w/ addendum and corrigenda.

* Re: RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-10-22 10:46     ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-10-22 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shark8 wrote:

> On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 1:46:40 PM UTC-6, Victor Porton wrote:
>> Victor Porton wrote:
>>
>> > Is there anywhere RM2012 containing accepted changes to the standard?
>> >
>> > It would be very inconvenient to review all changes manually. I want
>> > all in one document.
>>
>> Or at least, where on the Web to look for the list of all accepted
>> changes to RM2012?
>>
>> --
>> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
>
> The place to go for something like this is:
> http://www.ada-auth.org/arm.html It's the ARG's site, and has a page under
> that: http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/ada12_w_tc1.html -- which is the
> latest-and-greatest LRM w/ addendum and corrigenda.

Ad where to see the list of changes from original Ada2012?

How to be notified on new changes?

--

@ 2017-10-23 15:57       ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2017-10-23 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 4:46:53 AM UTC-6, Victor Porton wrote:
> Shark8 wrote:

> >> Or at least, where on the Web to look for the list of all accepted
> >> changes to RM2012?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
> >
> > The place to go for something like this is:
> > http://www.ada-auth.org/arm.html It's the ARG's site, and has a page under
> > that: http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/ada12_w_tc1.html -- which is the
> > latest-and-greatest LRM w/ addendum and corrigenda.
>
> Ad where to see the list of changes from original Ada2012?

You can download from the link that says "Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) with changes from Ada 2012 highlighted" and see the changes there.

But as for an executive-summary, I'm not sure where to find that information myself... but the second sentence of the second paragraph reads: "A nearly final draft of the Technical Corrigendum can be found here; this is just a list of changes and is not very useful by itself." which sounds like what you're looking for. (The link is: http://www.ada-auth.org/corrigendum1-12.html )

> How to be notified on new changes?

The ARG typically runs on a slower "update period" than C++ and so changes aren't nearly as "fast". However, there might be a mailing list that can notify subscribers... I don't really know.

* Re: RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-10-24 22:58   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2017-10-24 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Someone notes the correct page for "accepted changes". We only consider
changes "accepted" once they are in an Ada Standard (with the exception of
bug fixes, these are classed "Binding Interpretations"; the last one was the
2015 Corrigendum). Otherwise, there is no consise list since everything is
technically still subject to change. (For instance, the recent ARG meeting
that gave me this nasty flu, approved the "delta aggregate" AI. But it
probably will get some changes as bugs are discovered, and it may be a long
time before it appears in implementations.) [The current target for a new
Standard is 2020.]

There is a draft ARM with all of the changes that are finished, the
individual AIs, and most of our other work artifacts on Ada-Auth.org. Browse
around to find what you need.

                        Randy Brukardt, ARG Editor.

@ 2017-10-25 16:29     ` Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 2017-10-25 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-10-25 01:58 , Randy Brukardt wrote:
> Someone notes the correct page for "accepted changes". We only consider
> changes "accepted" once they are in an Ada Standard (with the exception of
> bug fixes, these are classed "Binding Interpretations"; the last one was the
> 2015 Corrigendum). Otherwise, there is no consise list since everything is
> technically still subject to change. (For instance, the recent ARG meeting
> that gave me this nasty flu, approved the "delta aggregate" AI. But it
> probably will get some changes as bugs are discovered, and it may be a long
> time before it appears in implementations.)

Yes, it may. However, as it happens, a recent e-mail from AdaCore says
that delta aggregates are supported in the pre-release of GNAT Pro 18.0,
now available to customers for evaluation.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd

* Re: RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-10-26 17:24       ` Simon Clubley
From: Simon Clubley @ 2017-10-26 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-10-25, Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid> wrote:

> Yes, it may. However, as it happens, a recent e-mail from AdaCore says
> that delta aggregates are supported in the pre-release of GNAT Pro 18.0,
> now available to customers for evaluation.

Its nice to see something go from proposal to implementation. :-)

I proposed it during the middle of 2014 so that's about 3 years.

Also, thanks once again for your suggestions on the original proposal.

Simon.

* Re: RM with accepted changes, available?
@ 2017-11-14 23:27       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2017-11-14 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Niklas Holsti" <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid> wrote in message
> On 17-10-25 01:58 , Randy Brukardt wrote:
>> (For instance, the recent ARG meeting
>> that gave me this nasty flu,

It turns out that I didn't have the flu and I didn't get it from the ARG
meeting or most likely the associated travel. After 11 days in the hospital
and following recovery, I'm now just getting back to (some) work.

>> ... approved the "delta aggregate" AI. But it
>> probably will get some changes as bugs are discovered, and it may be a
>> long
>> time before it appears in implementations.)
>
> Yes, it may. However, as it happens, a recent e-mail from AdaCore says
> that delta aggregates are supported in the pre-release of GNAT Pro 18.0,
> now available to customers for evaluation.

That's probably not implemented exactly as described by the AI/future
Standard, since we just finished work on it a few days before the date of
this message. Also, experience shows that these early implementations are
often full of bugs (usually, the first few ACATS tests for a feature show
*lots* of problems). So I wouldn't depend too much on those features yet -
they'll probably change some before being "right".

                               Randy.