From: Jeff C <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Web-enabling Ada with AWS, Mon 11 Apr 2005 20:00, Ada-Belgium
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:26:20 -0500
Date: 2005-03-22T07:26:20-05:00	[thread overview]

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
> Dirk Craeynest wrote:
>
>> 20:00-20:15 - Eclipse plug-in for Ada (ObjectAda or GNAT)
>> Speaker
>> Patricia Langle, Aonix France
>

> I keep hearing about this Eclipse IDE. They chant excellences, at least
> for its original Java usage. Does anyone know what would be the extent
> of such a plug-in? Could it eventually be an alternative to GPS?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alex.

I know several developers that love it for Java and C++. Several vendors
are also embracing it as the base framework for hosting their tools
(e.g. Wind River's new tool suite is eclipse based).

It clearly is an alternative to GPS (not saying it is a better or worse
alternative...but it is one). It does not "appear" to be open source. It
certainly is not freely downloadable last time I checked.

If you are willing to give up on free then I think that IBM Ada
Developer (Rational Apex family) is still a pretty compelling
environment as well (as an alternative to GPS)