From: David Brown <davidb-cla@davidb.org>
Subject: Re: Timers in application
Date: 1999/06/08
Date: 1999-06-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> I am developing a Solaris 2.6 application (Ada95 with Apex) that needs a
> timer service that allows me to schedule multiple simultaneous wakeups.

> Any other ideas for timer services I can use?  I need a granularity of
> at least 100 milliseconds, but faster would be better.  I am developing
> in Ada95 but can create interfaces into standard C libs if necessary.

Why not implement this with the services that Ada provides?  Most
likely, your Ada library will provide the same granularity as your OS
for timers.

You could implement a single task that you register with, that sorts
and keeps track of what wakeups are needed.  Or, if the number of
wakeups is smaller, have a separate task for each wakeup.

Hope this helps,
Dave Brown