* Boeing 7e7 and Ada?
@ 2004-05-26  1:05 Richard  Riehle
From: Richard  Riehle @ 2004-05-26  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I asked this question once before, but
received no authoritative answers.  Does
anyone know, for certain, whether Ada is
being used for the software on the Boeing
7e7?

Richard Riehle

* Re: Boeing 7e7 and Ada?
@ 2004-05-26  1:28 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2004-05-26  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 May 2004 01:05:28 GMT, Richard  Riehle <adaworks@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> I asked this question once before, but
> received no authoritative answers.  Does
> anyone know, for certain, whether Ada is
> being used for the software on the Boeing
> 7e7?
>
> Richard Riehle

At least in part, yes.  Wind River's Tornado AE653 (an implementation of
ARINC 653) is slated to be used for the IMA architecture.  GNAT is slated
for use on at least some of the subsystems.  I do not know the extent to
which Ada is required, recommended or encouraged.

- Ed