From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: That funny “--” before ASIS options with ASIS applications
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:53:05 +0200
Date: 2013-04-12T20:53:05+02:00	[thread overview]

If you ever wondered where that looking weird to me “--” before ASIS
options with ASIS applications come from, then here the answer: it comes
 from POSIX.

Reference:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap12.html
“12.2 Utility Syntax Guidelines — Guideline 10” says:
> The first -- argument that is not an option-argumentshould be accepted
> as a delimiter indicating the endof options. Any following arguments
> should be treatedas operands, even if they begin with the '-' character.

That's finally not that weird as it seemed to me so far, and that's even
standard. ASIS options are just program operands instead of program
options.