From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: GNATBind with a GNAT cross‑compiler
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 01:24:29 +0200
Date: 2013-04-27T01:24:29+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:59:19 +0200, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> a écrit:
> I will finally test the patch you mentioned, because I may have to
> recompile the compilers to fix GNATBind, as I'm having an issue when
> `Suppress_Standard_Library` from package `System` is set to `True`; I
> receive a complaint about an undefined reference to `Is_Elaborated`.
> Seems there is an inconsistency here in GNAT FSF.

The patch you suggested changed nothing. I will finally go on using a
renaming script to be applied to the built applications whose target is
that of the host. Just for a sample, the two script I run from
`<prefix>/bin` are attached to this message.

Then, for the undefined reference to `Is_Elaborated`, I've not reverted
the patch from AdaCore, but instead created a supplementary patch. After a
quick review of `bindgen.adb`, it appears there was indeed an
inconsistency, precisely between `procedure Generateadainit` and
`Generateadafinal`. As an attached file, is the patch
`gcc-4.8-ada-bindgen.adb.patch` (also attached, is the patch you
suggested, for GCC 4.8 instead of for GCC 4.7).

I may propose the `gcc-4.8-ada-bindgen.adb.patch` patch to the GCC mailing
list.

P.S. Seems nntp.aioe.org does not allow attachments, so here are the
attachments as a downloadable archive:
http://www.les-ziboux.rasama.org/download/2013-04-27-cla-attachments.zip