From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: GCLP (Generic Command Line Parser) 1.0.0 released
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:57:07 +0100
Date: 2012-12-15T17:57:07+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:20:19 +0100, mockturtle <framefritti@gmail.com> a
écrit:
> I agree that this differentiates itself from the usual syntax.  I choose
> this approach (and wrote this package) once that I needed to write a
> program with a fairly complex syntax and with many possible variations.

If the command line become too complex, that may suggest the command is
not well suited for the matter. May be a configuration file or project
file, using XML, could be an option. Compare this to some program in some
wrong language, becoming unmaintainable, suggesting to use another one.

The command line is not the place for a complex syntax (except if it's an
interactive shell, and still with quickly reached limits…).