From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: AdaRocks.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:09:47 +0100
Date: 2012-03-18T13:09:47+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:38:09 +0100, Manuel Gomez <mgrojo@gmail.com> a
écrit:
> If you finally contact him, please tell him also to redirect
> www.adarocks.com to adarocks.com or viceversa.
Yes, a common pitfall. I will tell him/her myself later today.

> By the way, it's nice to see a new Ada site on the Internet, but I think
> the Ada community should collaborate more on communal web sites rather
> than individual-effort sites.
I don't agree with that belief. We already have references sites. And
communal web sites need not be big or kind of monopolistic sites. There
may be as much site as there are people sufficiently involved, each
exposing some point of view and experiences. Trying to federate too much
may break consistency, just like you may break some style and design rules
when you build an application from too much varying in style and design
piece of libraries or already existing software. Individual web sites has
values due to their nature and do not prevent bigger and more
collaborative sites, at least because authors of tiny and personal sites
can belong to communal and collaborative sites (or Usenet groups).