From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Can an amateur find an Ada job?
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:24:22 +0100
Date: 2014-01-04T14:24:22+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Sat, 04 Jan 2014 03:00:22 +0100, Lucretia <laguest9000@googlemail.com>
a écrit:
> Otherwise, we may as well all just leave the language behind as a bad
> job and design a new one that's better than all the rest and not weird
> like Haskell or PROLOG or one that's not just a "let's make C safe."

Two cents off‑topic: Haskell and Prolog are not weird, that's just the
areas they are well suited for, which may be weird to you ;) . By the way,
the same for Ada, it is not The Universal Solution, it is “just” one of
the best solution (not difficult to be better than untyped and
unstructured languages any way) and this best solution “just” happens to
cover a wide area. It's like a language with embedded safety methods
(type, opacity, etc) for those who don't know any method or who don't
bother applying one or prefer to save something. That is, it is indeed the
best solution for many areas. But others are not weird, they are different
and match their areas differently (and better than Ada *in their own
areas*).

That's not the topic here, still to give you a track, there exist things
looking similar to SPARK in many way, which generates Haskell, SML or
Scala from kind of mathematical proofs, and the result is even much safer
than regular Ada (Ada without SPARK checking). These technologies often
refers to Prolog like things embedded in their core (SPARK, the software
suits, is mostly implemented in Prolog too!).