From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: The “Ada 2012” logo: what's its status?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:27:48 +0200
Date: 2013-08-26T20:27:48+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello here,

I feel the question was already posted, but I could not get it back (or
may be I'm wrong too, and it was not discussed).

I was wondering what's the status of the logo available at ada2012.org. I
downloaded the ZIP archive from the link at the bottom of the home‑page,
but it contains no explanatory document, neither a license, intended
usages, rules for use; well, nothing.

Is this an AdaCore logo or is this really a common Ada logo? If this is an
AdaCore only logo, I will seek for another one; while until now, nothing
seems to attach this logo to AdaCore exclusively.

At least this logo is better than others as it integrates better than the
famous Ada coin, which is a funny one, except it does not always fit well.
The only issue I see: it does not scale‑down very well, due to the curve
below the three letters, Ada (may be too thin), on resolutions low as an
height of 75 pixels, which seems to be the lowest limit for it; but it's
OK, that's not ugly.

Any one knows anything about the intended use and status and intended
representation of this overall well designed logo?