From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: The concept of semantic patching
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:50:33 +0200
Date: 2011-08-09T17:50:33+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:20:08 +0200, Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> a écrit:
Hi Ludovic,

> adasubst and adadep from Adalog and Jean-Pierre Rosen.
>
> http://www.adalog.fr/compo1.htm#adadep

AdaDep don't play in the same area. AdaSubst is more close, but don't do
the same. Some part of what Coccinelle do, as far I understand it, could
be done with AdaControl, some other part with AdaSubst. But look at how
the patch works, as exposed in
http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/Intro_gen.pdf
Seems to be able to insert instructions at relevant place too (that's why
I feel this is more than classical refactoring, although this is still
kind of refactoring). Unless I am wrong about AdaSubst can do, I believe
it does not come this ability.

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]