From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: CMake and Ada : a track around the place ?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:48:34 +0200
Date: 2011-07-30T13:48:34+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi all (a long time I didn't posted here, hope every one is fine and fine)

I may have two opportunities to push Ada in two different projects. The
first one is OK, as I will start it from the ground up. The second one is
rather different, in the way it is an already existing project I would
like to work on (may not be a priority, as I would probably get nothing
for this, as it is a GPL application). This is a C++ rather big (for me)
peace of software, which however provide an opportunity to push Ada
inside, as it is a very modular application (I may dream, in the future,
to incrementally translate some part from C++ to Ada, as I hate when this
application crash with no back-track and runtime-check at all). Alex R.
Masteo already talked about CMake and Ada here, as I did too some time
before Alex. Ludovic replied to Alex using CMake is a bad idea. I
understood the reason he gave, but I simply would like it anyway, for
seamless integration, as this application has a build process all designed
around CMake since long, and I would not want to change.

The sole material I could found about this topic, is an old mailing list
archive. I just made a test with a sample Ada project to see what's going
on using Make as-is, and CMake complained he could not determine some
linker language for the target application. So Ada is clearly not built-in
the default CMake.

Any track for using CMake to build a source tree containing Ada sources
mixed with C++ files ? I would probably rely on solely GNAT for the Ada
compiler, as it comes along GCC (this may help).

Have a nice time all, and happy designing

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]