From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Tentative design of markdown parser
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 16:40:53 +0200
Date: 2011-05-28T16:40:53+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Sat, 28 May 2011 15:22:17 +0200, Natasha Kerensikova
<lithiumcat@gmail.com> a écrit:
> type Element_Priority is delta 2.0**(-15) range 0.0 .. 1.0;
>
> type Span_Element is record
>   Active_Char : Character;
>   Lexer : Lexer_Callback;
>   Renderer : Renderer_Callback);
I've the Rationals part which I may read later, and did not already
searched the web for what Markdown is, so I may missed some point.

What is Element_Priority ? A kind of Order-of-precedence ?

Span_Element is a structure, with no constructor ? What returns
instance(s) of Span_Element ?

> type Lexer_Callback is access procedure (
>   Source : String;
>   Position : in out Positive;
>   Renderer: Render_Callback);
Lexer_Callback get a parameter of type String, but nowhere I can see a
structure holding a type String. Seems the interface does not show all the
relations between all the stuffs.

Position is in/out, so something should hold at least a corresponding
element of the same type Positive, which would be mutable. I could not see
such a thing. Same as the above comment, I feel the interface does not
show some relations which are supposed to be “guessed”.

Sorry if my questions seems stupid, as I suppose everything looks very
clear in your own mind.

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]