From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: One other possible reason for the C predominance
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:34:04 +0100
Date: 2011-03-22T16:34:04+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:59:16 +0100, Hoàng Đình Long <long.hdi@gmail.com> a
écrit:
> I don't understand the "same story" you mentioned. Did you mean "Ada
> as a glue layer"?
I meant, just like C was promoted because at some time in the past, it
appeared to match the architectures in use, may be Ada in the future,
gonna be recognized for the same purpose (as C does not any more, since at
least about 15 years). But as I also said in a previous message, I am
afraid virtual machines and their languages running only on these virtual
machines, will not help to start thinking again (as it seems “we” have
stopped thinking). Moreover, virtual machines offers to much opportunities
to replay again and again, the same errors all the time, each time on a
new virtual machine. That's not good ? Oh, just create a new virtual
machine. Oh, the language fails ? Don't bother, let's create a new virtual
machine, the language fails again ? etc, and so on. This offers two points
(both acting as an exit point for the other), which is perfect to draw a
loop, and I am afraid we gonna be trapped in this loop.

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.