From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Quantum computing
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 01:56:10 +0200
Date: 2011-03-28T01:56:10+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:43:08 +0100, Dmitry A. Kazakov
<mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> a écrit:

> BTW, I don't follow the subject of quantum computing. Does anybody know
> in
> which relation is it to Turing completeness?
Well, Wikipedia says:

    A Turing machine can simulate these quantum computers, so such a
    quantum computer could never solve an undecidable problem like
    the halting problem. The existence of "standard" quantum computers
    does not disprove the Church–Turing thesis

Quoted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

There are also, specifically, Quantum Turing Machines:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Turing_machine

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.