From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Tucker's interview with TechWorld (2008)
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 14:44:40 +0100
Date: 2011-02-05T14:44:40+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:18:12 +0100, Georg Bauhaus
<rm-host.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de> a écrit:
> "Syntactic issues are very important for the marketing of a
> language and it would be quite regrettable to have postponed their
> consideration and find out that it is too late to address them.  The
> esthetic appeal can predispose people favorably and do a lot for its
> acceptance.  Those who underestimate it often speak of "syntactic
> sugaring" as if it were something unimportant, but many semantically
> valid languages have failed for lack of charm, for lack of this kind
> of appeal that rallies supporters without their being able to explain
> why they like it."

May reply later about the overall; for the time, just this:

    “ A good notation has a subtlety and suggestiveness which at times
      makes it almost seem like a live teacher. ”

     [Bertrand Russell The World of Mathematics (1956)].

Source: http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/minilanguageschapter.html

While these page are not strictly applicable here (mini-language for
one-lined program, not big languages for large systems), just that as I
know your interest in languages study, I just though you may be interested
in these pages.

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]