From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Tucker's interview with TechWorld (2008)
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 07:31:39 +0100
Date: 2011-02-04T07:31:39+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Fri, 04 Feb 2011 06:15:54 +0100, Nasser M. Abbasi <nma@12000.org> a
écrit:
> Thanks for the link. From the above:
Thanks, you liked it :)

Did you also read the second comment to this paper ? …the one whose author
is Bob Trower.

> "As it turned out, Jean and I had quite different views on how to
> design the object-oriented features of the updated language, and
> he ultimately left the project when it was decided to follow
> the design team's recommended approach."
>
> Any one has an idea what was Jean Ichbiah's OO design for Ada, or
> how different that was from the one that was used for Ada 1995?

Same question for me, and about another one too:

  “ and Jean Ichbiah did an excellent job of
    presenting its features in a way that the
    reviewers could understand and appreciate. Although
    there were flashes of brilliance in the other designs,
    none of them achieved the polish and maturity of the
    Green design. ”

Would like to know about these “flashes of brilliance”.

Although it's probably very too much soon to think about such things, it
happens I try to imagine what would be an Ada successor (that's why
keeping track of this old ideas and of the overall history may be worthy
in the long run), as much as I sometime try to imagine how many times Ada
gonna stay in the place as-is, without a successor… one or two centuries ?
(more?)

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]