From: "Vinzent Hoefler" <0439279208b62c95f1880bf0f8776eeb@t-domaingrabbing.de>
Subject: Re: Ada.Directories.Copy_File behavior
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:25:46 +0100
Date: 2011-02-20T21:25:46+01:00	[thread overview]

  wrote:

>> > The Windows CopyFile function takes a BOOL parameter bFailIfExists,
>> > so is it implementation-defined what Ada.Directories.Copy_File does?
>> > That's not very satisfactory.
>>
>> But I think it's imp-def even without that BOOL.
>>
>> In practise how many OS are you going to support? You may find that
>
> No, it's how many *compilers* for a single OS are you going to support?

Well, how many Ada05 compilers are there?

And well, looking at GNAT's code, it seems, it overwrites any existing file,
so assuming "if in doubt, GNAT is the ARM", Copy_File shall have overwriting
semantics. ;)

Vinzent.

--
You know, we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon,
and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder.