From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Annoucing memcache-ada 0.1
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:07:30 +0100
Date: 2011-01-17T12:07:30+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:40:12 +0100, Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> a
écrit:
> Using AJAX, there is certainly state within one page... but even
> excluding that, there clearly _is_ per-session state on the server; of
> course, the browser has to identify the session concerned before the
> server can know where to continue from.
I see your point, you are right too. I lacked some precision: this depends
on the involved functionality. If you are serving pages whose access
requires some right (like browsing a private forum), then it just requires
a cession state, and the server is able to hold it. On the other hand,
richer web applications (the ones I was implicitly referring too),
requires a state stored in the page, or at least a reference to a state
for that page. If the user hit the Back button, any request made from that
page will have to send the state associated with that previous page.
Imagine a user clicking a Submit button in a page retrieved from the
browser cache he/she reached after hitting Back in the browser; then
imagine he/she already click this button before he came back to it (this
is a typical case of error if the server handles the second request with
the sate associated to the last requested page).

So this depends on what kind of process is involved.

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]