From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada group on identica
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 18:01:21 +0100
Date: 2011-01-01T18:01:21+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:58:14 +0100, Maciej Sobczak
<see.my.homepage@gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Dec 7, 8:53 pm, R Tyler Croy <ty...@linux.com> wrote:
>
>> I was bummed when I didn't find an Ada group on Identi.ca so I went
>> ahead and
>> created one:
>>     <http://identi.ca/group/ada>
>>
>> For the uninitiated, Identi.ca is a microblogging service not too
>> dissimilar
>> from Twitter, but far more heavily populated with hackers :)
>
> Considering a small size of the Ada community, creating too many
> groups, forums, fan pages and whatnot like this will inevitably lead
> to dispersing the effort. I'm not sure if the community can afford
> this.
>
> "Not too dissimilar from Twitter" begs the question: what is the added
> value of it?
>
> --
> Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com

May be evolution. Evolution requires multiple opened branches. Although
there is an Ada standard, there is no standard Ada writer, no standard Ada
feeling, and so on; and that is for the best (I believe).

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]