From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: GPS 4.4.1. ADA 95: Calling ASCII codes for ESC and display row colum control
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:36:16 +0100
Date: 2011-01-10T23:36:16+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:29:17 +0100, Michael A <michael.m.ayres@gmail.com>
a écrit:
> Thanks. My output is not to the GPS GUI but to a Windows command
> window. I suspected the controls could be different in different
> enviornments. I will check out your recommendations.
Unfortunately, starting with Windows XP (do not know about Windows 2000),
Windows seems to not support anymore ANSI Escape codes which support was
provided by ANSI.SYS. I searched the web about it, but fail to find
anything to make this ANSI.SYS working again.

I use to use terminal command too with Ada, but it stopped working since I
switched from Windows 98 to Windows XP:
http://www.les-ziboux.rasama.org/ada-commandes-echappement-ansi.html
The page is French, but the source is still English.
And an example use:
http://www.les-ziboux.rasama.org/ada-programme-test-commandes-ansi.html
(rather old, 4 years ago)

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]