From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Asis.Text.Character_Position : inconsistency ?
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:03:41 +0100
Date: 2010-11-07T20:03:41+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:34:56 +0100, Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> a
écrit:
> GNAT ASIS is pretty clear (at least from the copyright notice) that most
> of the public part of package specs is from the standard.
Gela-ASIS seems too, as the package specification they used is a raw copy
of what you can get from there:
http://www.sigada.org/wg/asiswg/intro.html

> ASIS.Text is about fragments of code -- the part of the source text
> corresponding to an element -- in type Span. Line_Number is the line in
> the source text, Character_Position is the position in the line.
>
> I suspect you're supposed to use Element_Image, Line_Image etc?
… and Comment_Image and Non_Comment_Image and Debug_Image, Yes. But the
source I am dealing do the assumption Character_Position is a subtype of
Natural, and that is why I was wondering about this type definition. This
leads into trouble when I try to build it with Gela-ASIS, because with
Gela-ASIS, Character_Position and Line_Number are not subtypes (direct or
indirect) of Natural.

As the packages specifications seems to be raw copy of what you get from
the link above, I suppose TenDRA is right.

And you are right too, the accessors to be used to get text representation
are indeed the Asis.Text.XTZ_Image. So there is no need for
Character_Position to be a subtype of the index type of Program_Text. So
the Asis specification is not wrong neither.

By the way, another question: do you know a link to a working draft
version of ASIS 2005 ? (I know this can be inferred from ASIS Issues list,
just that this would be cleaner… but I don't bother if there is none)

Thanks for your comments :)

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]